Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kwik Kar of Weatherford — The Debbie Lincoln Project

Debbie Lincoln was a loyal client of mine from at least mid-1998 until 2008 (I'll have to check on the end date...I've slept since then). She and her husband Mike had the local Kwik Kar franchise in Weatherford, Texas. What was amazing about having Debbie as a client is that she (largely) loved my off-kilter sense of humor, had an amazing sense of the absurd all her own, and gave me largely free reign to inflict our senses of humor on the unsuspecting public of Parker County, Texas. Her and Mike's Kwik Kar franchise was wildly successful. Perhaps too successful, from my point of view, in that Kwik Kar of Weatherford attracted the attention of those who wanted in on the action and had the monetary means of making a serious attempt at doing so. Alas, the fine folks of Jiffy Lube made her and Mike an offer that was just too good to pass up, and they sold the business. I never even tried to approach the new Jiffy Lube owners about doing ads for them; I realized it probably just wouldn't be the same.

I haven't spoken to either Debbie or Mike in a couple of years, so I don't know what MIke's up to these days, but Debbie was always a painter, even when she ran her Kwik Kar franchise. She now seems to keep very busy at her painting, as evidenced by her blog here:

Now or Never: Debbie Lincoln's Blog

The Kwik Kar of Weatherford ads ran weekly in either the Parker County Shopper or the sadly defunct Parker County Advertiser, with occasional ads showing up in the Weatherford Democrat and various specialty publications like the Weatherford High School "Roos" booster programs.

In fond remembrance of Debbie and Mike (and Kibble the Wonder Pomeranian and the entire Kwik Kar Crew), and the amazingly fun advertising we did over those years, I hereby dedicate a portion of my blog to posting reproductions of some of the ads. I take no responsibility whatsoever for any effect these have on you.

Our inaugural ad is from January 7, 2003.


Kwik Kar Lube & Tune is a registered service mark of Kwik Industries, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment